Ordered two iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LetMeBlastU, Jun 15, 2010.

1. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

Hey any of you guys order two iPhones? And if so, did you make two purchases separately or did you put both iPhones in 1 cart and paid for both all in one

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Only way I know of to get 2 phones shipped on the same order is to go through AT&T's site. That's what I did.....finally.

-Kevin

3. rkaz123 macrumors newbie

Were these 2 lines on a family plan? If so how did you do it in 1 transaction?

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yes, two iPhones on a brand new Family Plan.

From what I understand is, you can do a new Family Plan on apple.com, but they won't ship two phones to you. You'll have to go to the store.

I ordered directly through AT&T's site. There you can select the family plan and add a second iPhone. AT&T's site also allows you to choose the lower 550 minute family plan, whereas apple.com only does the 700 plan.

Now whether I actually get the phones on launch day or not.....who the hell knows :D This is AT&T afterall.

-Kevin

5. rkaz123 macrumors newbie

Oh ok, my issue is that I have an existing family plan and I cant seem to find out how to upgrade both at the same time.

Good to hear you had luck though.

6. LetMeBlastU thread starter macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

Same here. I have a 32 sittin in the cart just trying to get a 16 in the cart if ATT could get their act together

7. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

I was also upgrading two family plan lines. The first (and the primary line) wouldn't allow me to have it shipped to my house. I made an in-store reservation for that one and completed the order.

For the second line, it allowed me to have it shipped to my house. I chose that option, and put it on a different Apple ID just in case.

Your best bet is to do two different orders. Hope that helps.

8. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

I was able to order 2 phones with an existing family plan through the ATT website this morning around 6:00 am EST.

After logging into my account it asked which lines I wanted to upgrade, and then I went through both lines separately, adding the first to my cart, and then the second.

I was done in about 10 minutes.

No confirmation e-mail yet, but my order status shows up on ATT website as ordered, 2 IPH 4. It said all on back order earlier, and now shows as ordered and in progress

9. LAS22 macrumors regular

i got 2 phone for both lines on the same family plan and ordered online on the ATT website. there was a note suggesting "to ensure proper delivery, do not add an additional wireless devices", or something to that nature. basically i made 2 purchases, separate transactions and order numbers.

once logged in to your account you would click the 'check upgrade options' and then 'upgrade eligibility' next to each line. that would take you to the phone selection page, mine being on the premier page due my fan account. once added the iphone 4 for one line, it show that note i stated above.

10. rkaz123 macrumors newbie

My concern with that is that it may be a big issue later when trying to activate the phones.....if att isnt letting you easily do it in one transaction maybe it is for a reason?

Idk...i just think its weird that they dont let you do both in one transaction...

11. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

I was able to do it in one transaction. The website just made you add one to the cart and then the other. One order, one order number.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i ordered to on apple.com with two different apple id's.

i'm the primary though so i wonder if i'll have to bring in the other user whose id i used?

13. rkaz123 macrumors newbie

That is because you made a new family plan....the concern is over upgrading existing family plan phones.

14. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

No, I upgraded an existing family plan.

15. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

I ordered 2 at Best Buy. 2 barcodes scanned. Both confirmed to be here on the 24th.

16. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

From Apple.com or ATT?

-Kevin

17. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

ATT

18. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Ah ok.....same for me. New Family Plan, 2 iPhones via the ATT site.

-Kevin

19. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

I ordered two on an existing family plan. I ordered them separately. Ordered the first one then went back and placed the other order for the second line. The first was 299, the second was 499.