Ordered wrong configuration, refused delivery 3 times, Will I get a Refund?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by boombox15, Apr 15, 2015.

1. boombox15 macrumors regular

I ordered a 5K iMac last week but I accidentally ordered the wrong configuration. I have refused delivery of it from UPS 3 times and now it says it is returning to the sender. Will Apple still refund me?

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Accept the delivery, call AppleCare and they will accept the return anytime within the first 14 days of receipt for ANY reason for a full refund. Putting your head in the sand is kind of a foolish approach.

3. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

What am I supposed to do if it is already on its way back to Apple?

4. cynics macrumors G3

Call them, have all the order and shipping information on hand. IMO it will be a little awkward at this point seeing you were refusing delivery on something you ordered (imagine doing that with a pizza lol).

However I guess technically they should be able to work with you. It might be a little more troublesome because its not going through their normal return channels. Thats why I'd call asap so when it shows up there might be someone that has half and idea whats going on.

5. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

Was it a CTO/BTO model ? AFAIK, CTO models can not be returned..officially.. but then again Apple is also bound to on-line buying rules.

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

CTO models can be returned. The only exception I believe are engraved iPods.