Ordering 3gs Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GAdawg, Jun 12, 2009.

1. GAdawg macrumors member

Sorry for the long post

So, I've been trying to pre-order a iphone 3gs for the past few days and have been unsuccessful. At the online Apple store it says there was an issue trying to access the AT&T account to authorize. On my att online account i can go through and add the phone to the cart and everything, but it forces you to pick a rate plan. I currently have the original iphone that is #4 on a family plan and want to replace that with the new iphone. There is no way to just keep everything the same (except with $30 data instead of 20). Anyone else having similar problems?

There is also a Premier discount on the account if that helps

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I would call AT&T, they can help you more than we could.

3. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Go To ATT Store

I ended up going to my local ATT store as the online Apple ordering system, and in-store system (same system) would not let me complete the order. I already have a 3G and I was trying to get an upgrade before my contract was due for one. That may have been my problem. You'd think the online system could handle the order. But noooooooooo ;) Even the Apple Store basically couldn't fix the issue, only the ATT store. Of course I'll have to see if it really worked. I may only have a $499.00 piece of paper come release day.

4. RSW macrumors member

RSW

I would head to the ATT store. That is what I did, it was quick and painless.

5. NeoSput macrumors newbie

I had a similair issue to your second part. After about 2 hours of being on the phone and being on hold, they found out it was a problem with the Premier Discount. I was no longer with the company and wasn't receiving a discount on my plan for the original iPhone, so I had them take it off my account. I have a regular account and I was able to pre-order the 3Gs :D

6. GAdawg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I'm just going to go to the store, which is was trying to avoid because last time I went to the store to get a new phone, they messed up lots of things, but I guess there is no other option

LOL

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

This is a common issue with ordering the iPhone 3G S if you have FamilyTalk rate plan with the $30 Messaging for Familes SMS Txt plan. The Apple system is not able to access the account with this feature active. Just remove it and complete the upgrade and then re-add the $30 Messaging for Familes SMS Txt plan. It is covered in a couple of threads.

Dave