Ordering a 12" PB

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
812
0
NY
Hi guys,

I've decided I cant wait for the much anticipated PB update anymore and even though the buyer's guide says not to, I'm going to go ahead and order the 12" PB combo (stock). I'm a little bit scared of going BTO and getting a 100GB HD, but money is also a factor.

Anywhich, question is, is there anyway I can use 2 credit cards @ the online store? I'm getting an iPod, Printer, Office:mac and iWork too and its going to over $2000, which is definitely over the credit limit for my card. So is there anyway you can use more than one? I got my DeLL last year and I used 2 cards...

Thanks in advance.
 

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
711
62
Texas
brepublican said:
Hi guys,

I've decided I cant wait for the much anticipated PB update anymore and even though the buyer's guide says not to, I'm going to go ahead and order the 12" PB combo (stock). I'm a little bit scared of going BTO and getting a 100GB HD, but money is also a factor.

Anywhich, question is, is there anyway I can use 2 credit cards @ the online store? I'm getting an iPod, Printer, Office:mac and iWork too and its going to over $2000, which is definitely over the credit limit for my card. So is there anyway you can use more than one? I got my DeLL last year and I used 2 cards...

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure you would need to call the order in if you want to split the total (assuming they can do that at all).

There was no option to split the transaction online when I ordered my PB the other week.

Also, why are you scared of ordering BTO w/ 100GB hard drive? I ordered my 15" PB BTO w/ 128MB video and 100GB HD and it only took 1.5 weeks to get here. Placed order on the 8/5, here on 8/12.

Congrats also...I'm sure you will love it.
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
1
ckeck said:
I'm pretty sure you would need to call the order in if you want to split the total (assuming they can do that at all).

There was no option to split the transaction online when I ordered my PB the other week.
Yes, I would think that calling in would work better, because when I ordered my iMac online, there was no option to add another card.

ckeck said:
Also, why are you scared of ordering BTO w/ 100GB hard drive? I ordered my 15" PB BTO w/ 128MB video and 100GB HD and it only took 1.5 weeks to get here. Placed order on the 8/5, here on 8/12.
I think maybe the OP is anxious in the offhand chance that something might happen to the PB in which case no returns or exchanges allowed on BTO machines. I didn't think this would ever apply to me, but it took over 3 weeks to have a faulty optical drive replaced in my brand new iMac G5 so I understand the OP's reluctance. However, rest assured, that if there is a problem, Apple will still address the issue (hopefully!) even on a BTO.
 

ajampam

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
122
0
brepublican said:
Hi guys,

I've decided I cant wait for the much anticipated PB update anymore and even though the buyer's guide says not to, I'm going to go ahead and order the 12" PB combo (stock). I'm a little bit scared of going BTO and getting a 100GB HD, but money is also a factor.

Anywhich, question is, is there anyway I can use 2 credit cards @ the online store? I'm getting an iPod, Printer, Office:mac and iWork too and its going to over $2000, which is definitely over the credit limit for my card. So is there anyway you can use more than one? I got my DeLL last year and I used 2 cards...

Thanks in advance.
I got a 12 PB recently after awaiting updates for ages....good decision buddy, hope that you are very happy with it for years to come.....and anyways, calling in or visiting an apple store if there is any nearby, is your best bet.....
 

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
812
0
NY
This is getting harder than I had ever thought possible. I get a call from Apple today telling me that I actually have to go into a store to get my order on more than 1 credit card. sigh. Nearest store is an hour away... :(
 

Gwendolyn

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2005
46
0
Massachusetts
brepublican said:
This is getting harder than I had ever thought possible. I get a call from Apple today telling me that I actually have to go into a store to get my order on more than 1 credit card. sigh. Nearest store is an hour away... :(
That's surprising... I remember that someone else from here recently reported no problems with this. When I ordered my husband's PB, the price was above my credit card limit at the time, so I called the card up, told them I wanted to buy a laptop, and asked for a higher limit, which they promptly gave me. I'm not sure how well this would work for everyone--whether it's right for you may vary depending on your company and your credit (and your spending habits), but it was effective in my case. Otherwise, Abstract had a good suggestion too, but you would probably want to consult with the Apple Store first and be sure that even though your purchases would be on separate invoices, that you would still qualify for the rebates, since having the items on the same invoice is required by the terms of the rebates. Did the Apple rep say whether you'd be able to get your order on two credit cards at the store while still ordering a BTO machine, or would they make you settle for the stock model? If you do go to the store, I'd try to ensure that they put your order on one physical receipt to be sure you won't have trouble qualifying for the rebates in that case, too... that is, assuming you are planning to submit them.

In any case, best of luck, and I hope you find a way to get your PB without too much additional hassle!
 

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
1,956
4
brepublican said:
This is getting harder than I had ever thought possible. I get a call from Apple today telling me that I actually have to go into a store to get my order on more than 1 credit card. sigh. Nearest store is an hour away... :(
Hour's drive? Easy. You wait an hour or you wait 1-2weeks.

My nearest apple store is about 4 hours away*

*Good one, that is... There is one where I live that I wouldn't go to again....
 

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
8,021
1
As it's a stock model you are better off buying it in store rather than online as it's easier to return it (in the unlikely event that something is wrong with it) and won't have to pay any collection charges. and as someone else pointed out you'll have it straight away :) I have exactly the same machine... trust me, you'll love it!
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.