Ordering a mac from the states

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by André M, Jul 23, 2009.

1. André M macrumors member

Firstly, This won't be much discussion but rather a question, I didn't find any other forum that seemed more appropriate than the Community Discussion sub forum - Apologies beforehand.

Well, I live in Sweden and my girlfriend is considering buying an iMac 24" 2.66GHz. They go for about 16.500 sek (~$2200) in Sweden but from the apple homepage (apple.com) they go for $1500 which is quite a lot cheaper. Since when you place the order from their US website the country is auto. set to the US and can't be changed which leads me to my question.

I was aware of a company, quite a while ago actually, that used some sort of "fake" adress in the states to recieve the packages and then re-ship them to the country the sender want it shipped too. Note this was not some bogus company, I knew quite a lot of people that have used it but sadly, I've lost contact with them.

Does anybody know of any such company to offer those services? or any service that could make this possible?

Thanks!

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Do you have a relative or a friend that lives in the states? Maybe you can use their address to ship the iMac, then they can ship it to you. Other than I that, I don't know what else you can do.

3. André M thread starter macrumors member

That crossed me aswell, it so happens my girlfriend has a cousin that lives in California but, what i've understood, she doesn't trust her to much (might change, not to update on that) so yes, that might be an option but I just wanted to consider something other than that.