Ordering a MacBook Pro with Educational discount ONLINE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Jun 10, 2009.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Have you guys ordered a mac before with educational discount before ?
    like what do they ask you ?
    cause the thing is that i registered with my college and everything today, i got my schudule, but no College ID Yet ...
    so any help ?

2. cu2010 macrumors 6502

all you need is your college email address. you will be prompted to enter either your ID or college email address before being redirected to a dedicated online store for your college.

3. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

oh word ...i have my college ID though ...so im good ?

4. cu2010 macrumors 6502

hm.. if you know your ID 'number,' then you should be fine.

5. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

you don't need any of those. select your school, order, then check a box that says "yes i'm in college". you might be randomly asked to provide info that you're in college somehow...

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I've ordered three times using the education discount. Once I was a junior in HS and used the school I was planning on going to. They don't ask you anything other than what school you attend.

7. imthekuni macrumors member

I don't ever recall using my school email address since I made my first discount purchase at Junior College where they don't give you one. It is pretty much on the honor system.

8. johnboy14 macrumors newbie

What about in store? I will be attending grad school in the fall and have an edu email address but no student ID yet. I have an ID from undergrad still, but I'm not a current student there and no email anymore.

I'd like to cross the border to NH so I don't have to pay sales tax.

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sometimes online you'll have to fax a copy of your ID card to them to verify.

In store, you'll have to show your student ID card. johnboy, you can still show your old card, they don't know you graduated...

And to anyone with something against that, he'd get the discount anyways with his grad-school ID, so it's the same thing :p

10. rowsdower macrumors 6502

I bought two PowerBooks and now a MBP online, never using a school email address, and never providing any sort of verification. I always assumed they verified randomly but I don't know.

11. yoyomaster macrumors regular

all I had to do online was type in the zip code so it could find the university near there and then I just clicked my school and that was that.