Ordering and picking up 2G iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SactoGuy18, Feb 24, 2011.

1. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I know this is a very "newbie" like question, but can I order the 2G iPad on the day it's announced on the Apple Store website and reserve it for pickup at a local Apple Store (which in my case is the store at Arden Fair shopping center in Sacramento, CA)? :confused: The last thing I want to do is drive over to the Apple Store and put my name down on a reservation list or end up in a long line in front of the store.

2. sim667 macrumors 65816

I dont know about the states, but in the UK (which i imagine is the same), you either order online and wait, or you go to a store an queue.

However if you go to the store and wait you'll end up having to make smalltalk other iGeeks, and there will be compulsory whooping and hi fiving with the staff as the store opens.

Personally I'd order online and wait, but its personal preference tbh.

3. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

usually they do a round of preorders after the keynote and the first few hundred thousand go fast. if you miss out, you'll have to wait for launch day to order online, or yes, queue at a store, bring a lawn chair, sleeping bag, etc, and prepare for battle!

4. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

was the ipad available in best buy immediately last year? i don't think it was, but not totally sure.

i want to know if it'll be in best buy or other stores on the day of launch this year!

if they have a preorder wednesday i'm gonna have to figure out a way to order it while i'm at work. has anyone made an order like this on their ipod touch? because i have that with me at work to check twitter and stuff like that, anyone know if it's easy/safe to order stuff online on the ipod touch?

5. contacted macrumors newbie

this sounds like fun.. :p

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

Sounds like my idea of hell :p

7. poloponies macrumors 68030

My iPad 1 launch party included me and my UPS delivery guy, who was courteous enough to leave after I signed his handheld scanner. THAT was a good time.