Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I was thinking of ordering some prints from Apple through Aperture (which is the same service as iPhoto I guess). I was thinking maybe ordering some larger prints, close to poster size. Anyone have any experience ordering prints through Apple and can tell me if they are good quality prints you get back?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Last time I ordered, they were good quality glossy Kodak prints. Obviously, the Aperture and iPhoto printing service is the same. Personally for one hour (which is what Apple's prints should be compared to), I prefer the Fujifilm matte look that you can get at Wal-Mart, Wallgreens, etc.

Anymore I order everything from http://www.mpix.com.

However, Apple's books, calendars, greeting cards, etc are a step above services like Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. The build quality of their photo books and calendars is really impressive.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I just noticed you mentioned poster size. The two poster size prints I ordered using iPhoto (this was several years ago) didn't turn out very well. Again, I would use Mpix for larger prints. You can have them mount it on matboard for a professional look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.