Ordering Apple Prints?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bodhi395, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I was thinking of ordering some prints from Apple through Aperture (which is the same service as iPhoto I guess). I was thinking maybe ordering some larger prints, close to poster size. Anyone have any experience ordering prints through Apple and can tell me if they are good quality prints you get back?

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Last time I ordered, they were good quality glossy Kodak prints. Obviously, the Aperture and iPhoto printing service is the same. Personally for one hour (which is what Apple's prints should be compared to), I prefer the Fujifilm matte look that you can get at Wal-Mart, Wallgreens, etc.

Anymore I order everything from http://www.mpix.com.

However, Apple's books, calendars, greeting cards, etc are a step above services like Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. The build quality of their photo books and calendars is really impressive.

3. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

There's a Foxconn joke in there somewhere...:D

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I just noticed you mentioned poster size. The two poster size prints I ordered using iPhoto (this was several years ago) didn't turn out very well. Again, I would use Mpix for larger prints. You can have them mount it on matboard for a professional look.

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I have no idea about apple prints but I order pics from adorama pix. The quality is IMO good and the pricing is also good. Check them out.