Ordering Bumper/Dock online vs. in store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daver.cl, Jun 18, 2010.

1. daver.cl macrumors member

Since a lot of these accessories (namely the dock and several of the bumpers) don't ship until July 2nd or later.

Do you think Apple stores will have these items in stock before then?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think that they will be in store at launch. That's how it was for iPad.

3. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

They should definitely have accessories in stock, at least I'd think so.

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure they'll have a good handful of the accessories at launch but that they won't last long.

The Apple Store near me took forever after launch to restock iPad accessories... but had them at launch.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Do you guys think that the green bumper will be there? That is the one that I want.

6. Macficionado macrumors newbie

For those who have been on iPhone launches before, is there also a line to buy iPhone accessories?

I pre-ordered my iPhone for home delivery, but I didn't want to risk adding more stuff to my cart after the phone. Ideally, I'd like to go to the store on launch day after the phone is delivered and pick a bumper.

So two questions:

a) Did you find enough availability of accessories when you went to the apple store? If you didn't, at what time did you get to the store? I'm trying to figure out if phones have run out of stock before cases or it's been the other way around.

b) Are the lines usually long to access the Apple store to buy other things than the phone? Can you go and buy cases with no problem, or do they only let you if you get the phone at the store?

Thanks!

7. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

BB told me they will have bumps but yes they will sell out in a matter of hours. so... they have no clue what they are getting except they should have them.

I don't even want to attempt to go to the Apple Store 1 - i have to wait for mine to come 2 - its gonna be way too chaotic. I want an Orange one darn it!!!!!!

ATT told me they will NOT have any bumpers and referred me to BB.

8. joeyroo macrumors newbie

joeyroo

Last year I went around 8 PM there were still lines going, and the Apple Store employee tried to direct me to the one of the two lines when I walked up to the middle. I showed her my phone and said... i just want a case and they let me in.