Ordering for the 14th, then cancelling on launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by farmermac, Jun 18, 2010.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to cancel an order on apple.com before it ships (especially 2 weeks before, as the shipping estimate is July 14th).

I was thinking of placing an order right now, and if I can pick one up on launch day then to cancel my apple.com order.

2. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Actually I'd like to know the answer to this too...

3. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Yes.

I called Apple and they said I'll be able to use the upgrade phone # in the store (IF I make it that far) and then later cancel the July 14th order. They said the upgrade isn't "used" until the phone is shipped, even though I've already paid the discounted price by pre-ordering for July 14th.

So I'll go try and get in line, and if I make it I'll buy the iPhone for another $300 and then cancel the July 14th order and get a refund.

4. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

I'm not entirely sure on what you mean... can you please clarify?

Cheers,
    Jonathan Borichef

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Hey looks like Apple chat was still open! You CAN cancel as long as it has not shipped yet.

Cool.

6. Lamarak macrumors 6502

You can cancel as long a you go into your account to change order and cancel is offered as a choice. Once that is gone, then you cant cancel till its been shipped and refuse shipment. Once returned, they will refund money. Might be able to call but would be hard once the option to cancel in your order is no longer offered.