Ordering from a online retailer what happens if damaged

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by armenakadino, Jan 31, 2009.

1. armenakadino macrumors member

I have been reading and noticing some people are getting there computers straight out the box with a scratch or a ding or it is not working. I know at the apple store they will just bring another computer out for you but what happens if I buy one from a online retailer are you pretty much screwed because how would you prove u never damaged or etc.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you are that worried, I would strongly suggest that you go over the online retailer's return policy, especially concerning Apple products. This way you'll know upfront what will happen.

For example, I found this on MacMall's website.

Attached Files:

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

That's why I don't even think of buying from MacMall - if you have trouble, you add an extra layer of trying to get it fixed, and it can be hard enough in the first place. Sure you can save a little money going to those places, but when it comes to warranty it's easy to get screwed.

4. armenakadino thread starter macrumors member

I was looking at mac connection because it would be a tax free computer for me and nice discounts I would pay 1700 after rebates where if i go direct to apple its would be 2000 dollars im just trying to see if its worth it to buy from a online retailer

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I've bought from amazon and macconnection.

Both great experiences.

AND both have a return policy I trust.

I usually go amazon now though since I have the alpha super shipping or whatver it is called and they have a great return process.

6. MacLaw macrumors newbie

I received my MacBook from Amazon.com yesterday and it arrived in perfect condition.

I've had nothing but great experiences from Amazon.com. Recent purchases, other than the MacBook, include a 52" LCD TV and a home theater system. All arrived in perfect condition.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I buy accessories such as firewire HD for backup/time machine from Amazon. It's a lot safer than buying from MacConnection or MacMall.