Ordering iPad 3 online in the UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by leighschvartz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. leighschvartz macrumors newbie

Howdy!

Looking at the quickest way to get the iPad 3 in the UK but missed the Apple preorders (first time at this and didn't realise they would all go so fast!).

Most of the retailers online sales don't seem to be opening until Friday, and as I'm busy on Friday I can't queue outside a store.. Has anyone got any experience ordering online on the release day? I'm thinking this would be a lot quicker than pre-ordering from Apple.

Looking at John Lewis at the moment, then maybe collecting it in-store the next day!

Cheers.
    Leigh

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

Order one on the Apple website now, and then go looking around re-sellers on friday and saturday (like Argos etc). If you find one, cancel your Apple store order, that is what I would do.

3. StefanWolves macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat, been checking Tesco, KRCS, Currys, PC World, John Lewis etc regularly.

I e-mailed KRCS and they say they will have limited stock in every store on release day, and they don't normally have big queues.

4. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

Prepare to do a lot of walking and driving to try and get hold of an iPad... good luck and all the best.

5. leighschvartz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm that's what I mean, could order from any of those stores online on the release date and would at least guarantee yourself getting it early-ish (early next week if you get good delivery!

6. StefanWolves macrumors regular

Luckily for me I have a PC World, Currys, KRCS, Carphone Warehouse all relatively close to me:D

7. last2findout macrumors member

got an email the day after i ordered it on line:-

We are pleased to inform you that your order ######### has shipped.

Please see the details of the shipment below.
    Your Delivery Reference Number is #####.
    We expect your order to be delivered to your shipping address on 16/03/2012.

then i got a text saying i will get it before or on that day?

8. StefanWolves macrumors regular

Get a family member to do it for you, bribery? :p

9. leighschvartz thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha could do. I don't mind waiting till the Saturday though, think the John Lewis click and collect could be a good shout ...

10. StefanWolves macrumors regular

When are they going up on their site though? how long do you have before you HAVE to collect it?

11. leighschvartz thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure when they go up on the site.. emailed them but they just pointed me to the website.. You have to pick it up the next day - but that works for me!

12. StefanWolves macrumors regular

I'd be up for that but the nearest John Lewis to me is Solihull, quite a distance