Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kamran1998

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Irvine, CA
Hi,

So I am currently on ATT and just called Verizon to switch to their everything plan with 12GB of shared data for four phones. They already created my account and everything and they said they will call at midnight on Friday to order the 4 iPhone 6's. Do the iPhones sold threw Verizon unlock like they are at the Apple Store? Also, how could I buy Apple Care then? Would I get it on launch date. He said he will call at midnight on 9/12 to order 4 phones before they sell to anyone else.

Thank you

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Yes all Verizon iPhones are unlocked nowadays.

You can purchase AppleCare/Applecare+ by just going to the apple store. Make sure to bring the phones with you as they will inspect them first.

kamran1998

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Irvine, CA
Is it still unlocked if bought over the phone on verizon or is it only at the apple online store or apple store

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Is it still unlocked if bought over the phone on verizon or is it only at the apple online store or apple store

Both. One or more of the bands Verizon uses for LTE is governed by an FCC rule that all devices that operate on that band must be unlocked. Therefor, all 4G LTE devices meant for Verizon must be unlocked.

Curious about purchasing applecare+ as I'm preordering through vzw.com

You will have two options; take it to the Apple Store and have it added there or do it over the phone and just let them run a software diagnostic. I have done both with no issues on previously purchased devices. It must be done within 60 days of purchase however.

j1huynh

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Hi,

So I am currently on ATT and just called Verizon to switch to their everything plan with 12GB of shared data for four phones. They already created my account and everything and they said they will call at midnight on Friday to order the 4 iPhone 6's. Do the iPhones sold threw Verizon unlock like they are at the Apple Store? Also, how could I buy Apple Care then? Would I get it on launch date. He said he will call at midnight on 9/12 to order 4 phones before they sell to anyone else.

Thank you

I am interested in what you did.. can you explain more? Are your plan with EDGE or pay at full price?

I am in similar boat.. I am currently on Sprint family plan with 5 lines. I want to switch over to Verizon edge with 10gb of shared data for the 5 lines..
When you said they've created your account, how did they do it? They have your numbers already? Also, how are they going to call you? they will be up at midnight to call you? Please help explain..

I have contacted vzw cs through chat and she said that I would need to order 5 lines with each separately. Once I have all 5, I would then activate together at the same time.. still confused if that's correct or not..

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Both. One or more of the bands Verizon uses for LTE is governed by an FCC rule that all devices that operate on that band must be unlocked. Therefor, all 4G LTE devices meant for Verizon must be unlocked.

You will have two options; take it to the Apple Store and have it added there or do it over the phone and just let them run a software diagnostic. I have done both with no issues on previously purchased devices. It must be done within 60 days of purchase however.

One other option, take it to a local certified Apple dealer/repair store (not BB) and have them check it out too. Most cities over 25,000 have one.

kamran1998

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Irvine, CA
I am interested in what you did.. can you explain more? Are your plan with EDGE or pay at full price?

I am in similar boat.. I am currently on Sprint family plan with 5 lines. I want to switch over to Verizon edge with 10gb of shared data for the 5 lines..
When you said they've created your account, how did they do it? They have your numbers already? Also, how are they going to call you? they will be up at midnight to call you? Please help explain..

I have contacted vzw cs through chat and she said that I would need to order 5 lines with each separately. Once I have all 5, I would then activate together at the same time.. still confused if that's correct or not..

Well, I called them and I said I want to switch to Verizon so I asked if I can give you my information now and you can setup my account so he did that, and I asked him I could order the iPhone 6 he told me that he will call me as soon as it is available to pre-order. Everything was done over the phone, I gave him the numbers he told me he will take care of porting too but asked that I don't cancel until I get my 6. He said he will call me first thing at midnight.

----------

Shouldn't they be calling you at midnight Thursday night, not Friday night?

Sorry, I made an error yes he will call me Thursday night

----------

I chose the Verizon Everything Plan not Edge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.