Ordering iPhone 6 Plus using Apple store gift card on iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meetsam23, Sep 11, 2014.

1. meetsam23 macrumors member

meetsam23

I have about 403 bucks on Apple store gift card, received in trade-off for 2011 MBP. I plan to use the amount to pre-order 128 GB iPhone 6+ on iPad or iPhone Apple Store app.

I tried trial run for iPhone 5s through this app, but it didnt show me the option to use the store gift card.

Then I spoke to Apple.com rep and he said I need to remove the stored credit card information. I did it and before I could do a trial run, the apple store went down.

Anybody has used apple store gift card on Apple Store app on iPad or iPhone in the past, please share how to use both Store gift card and credit card for payment of new iPhone 6+.

----------

bump

2. meetsam23 thread starter macrumors member

meetsam23

3. HighNoon macrumors member

I may be wrong but I don't think it's possible to pre-order any iPhone (6 or in years past) with an Apple Store gift card. I remember trying one year (iPhone 5 I think) and I was told by chat and phone representatives that it isn't possible. ********, but whatever.

4. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I think I saw someone suggest ordering your phone with a credit card and then taking it to an Apple Store within your 14 day window to return it and repurchase it? Not sure what their repurchasing procedures are, though.

5. meetsam23 thread starter macrumors member

meetsam23

Here was what apple rep had to say:

so when I purchase the iphone 6 through ipad or iphone app, i can see the option of using both credit card and store gift card ?

Yes you can.

you sure /

you sure ?*

Yes absolutely!