Ordering iPhone online from AT&T help please:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TerribleTuesday, Jun 23, 2009.

1. TerribleTuesday macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G has the glass broken, and instead of getting it fixed I'm going to upgrade to the 3GS. I don't have an upgrade available, but I'm in a family plan and my mother does have her upgrade available. When ordering online it asks you to select a rate plan, obviously the only choice being the $30 one or the $45 enterprise one. I already have that plan for my current iPhone, and she doesn't have an iPhone so won't need that plan. Is there anyway around this? Can I simply select that plan and then once I get the 3GS put in my sim card and cancel her data plan that I had to select when ordering the iPhone online? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If I understand correctly you will end up with two iPhone each on their own data plan. I am not aware of AT&T's cancellation policy or how that will affect your server. The SIMs are interchangable between the phones.

3. TerribleTuesday thread starter macrumors newbie

So would it be possible to simply cancel the data plan that I have now for my 3G, plug my sim into the new 3GS when I get it and call it a day?

4. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I would recommend going to an AT&T store directly and asking this question but I do believe you will have to choose one of the two data plans – I don’t think it will let you order without at least one selected.