Ordering MacbookAir from Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Khurram, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Khurram macrumors 6502

I ordered a macbook air from apple last night using my iphone credit and student discount.
    I still have to get one for my wife though.
    I saw that amazon is pre-selling it as well but it's tax free and free shipping which saves me about $142.00...

Do you guys think that amazon will ship the same time that apple will ship their own supplies?
    It doesn't matter if it's a day or two off but I would like it to arrive somewhat around the same time as my one from apple to keep the wifey happy:D
    what do you think?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Why not from MacMall then? You get free parallels (after rebate) a free shoulder bag, free printer (after rebate) and free shipping (after rebate).

No tax for most states either ;)

3. Khurram thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet deal, I never thought of that..
    Do you think they will also ship the same time as apple does?

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

They say 2-3 week ship date. So, probably pretty close. Apple will of course have them before anyone else.. but it could be a matter of days (if that).

I've ordered two iMac's from MacMall. My only warnings are:
    1- If you spend a lot of money (2 grand ish) they want to verify your card info over the phone, but never bother to tell you this until the second day (they say most stuff ships the first day). So if you order call their credit processing department to speed it up.

2- Absolutely, positively no returns on Apple product. Even if it's DOA, a lemon, an orange or an apple.

5. Khurram thread starter macrumors 6502

No returns on apple products!!
    Forget that...
    i'm going with amazon..their return policy is great and if the price drops within 3 months ( which I hope it doesn't) they will refudn me the difference

6. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

They don't take returns on a lot of products. Why would you order a 2000 dollar laptop if you weren't sure about it? Seems silly to me.

7. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

8. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I ordered a MBP from Amazon last spring. A week later the Santa Rosa, LED version was released. I returned the machine to Amazon with no hassles. I ordered the SR MBP from MacMall. (Because they offered a $150 rebate at the time.) That machine had a bad DVD drive. I was not happy to learn that MacMall had a no return policy. Thankfully, my local Apple store saved the day and did an exchange for me the next day rather than forcing me to send it in for a repair. In the future, I will be buying from Amazon whenever possible.

9. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Yeah I don't get why MM wont even take exchanges on bad stuff. It had me worried but so far two iMac's later and no problems! :)