Ordering new MBP online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Irock619, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Hello,

I'm going to be getting a new MBP soon. I was wondering if ordering online is the same as essentially buying it in the store. If I have an issue with the MBP do all claims have to be handled through online or can I just take it to a genius in store? If I want to exchange it do I have to ship it back to Apple or can I do it in store? I want to order it online because I don't have time to go to the store anytime soon. But if I have issues I don't want to have to ship it back and wait for the turnaround. Thanks!

2. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

Here in California, I have ordered online and made a return in-store before. It was for a 2013 MacBook Pro and they refunded it okay no hassle. So I'm sure you would be fine if you ordered it online and needed some in-store assistance.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Perfect! Just what I wanted to hear. In fact I just remembered many years ago I purchased something from BestBuy and Apple helped me in store.

4. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

Excuse me, but did you mean Apple online store or any online store in general? Cause I made the online purchase at Apples website. If you're going to make a computer purchase online at another source and you wanted assistance in-store for computer hardware at an Apple Store then I recommend you get extended Apple Care warranty.

5. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Yes I meant Apple online store. Sorry for the confusion.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You don't need AppleCare for that. You get a 1 year warranty including 90 days of phone support from Apple or any other Apple authorize reseller.