Ordering on-line versus really close Apple retail store?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dezlboy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Dezlboy macrumors regular

Okay, flame away. Although I work about two subway stops (20 min or so) from an Apple Store, I am thinking of ordering the iPhone via the Apple on-line store. Why? Cause it's more exciting to track the delivery and have it delivered. Also, I would rather activate it myself (just because?).

Okay, does anyone else have this "Fedex Fetish" ? :eek:

Thanks
    Dezlboy

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I'm sure you're not the only one. I'm not one of them though. :D

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd rather go get it from the store because if there is an issue I can turn around and return it. Unless there is a price difference, I'd prefer not to wait for delivery.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I need things now, now, NOW if possible, so I don't like ordering online :D

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah if i can get it now that is the way to go for me but i have no problem having to wait if that is my only option but a fetish for tracking FedEx?

It is amazing what other people think is entertaining :cool:

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

+1

I'm all about the instant gratification. :D

7. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

I'd much rather shop online in most cases, avoid the lines & crowds. When the UPS/FedEx truck shows up it's like Christmas, even though I already know what's in the box.

Got the 3G S on launch day, ordered from at&t. No way would I have gone to either the apple store or at&t store on launch day. I really hate crowds. Besides, the only reason I got the thing is because I got $100 discount & had to order through at&t to get it. :)

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I would get stuff from the on-line store more, but since I am paying state sales tax anyway I'll just get it locally and save the time it takes to ship.

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This. While on the one hand it's kinda exciting to wait anxiously for something to show up in the mail, it's also torturous. I damn near lost my mind this past June.

10. Dezlboy thread starter macrumors regular

FWIW...I ordered my iPhone from the Apple Store online. Just seemed like more fun than going down to the retail store a few miles away.

Anyhow I get to have the package delivered in front of my co-workers! :D

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd only order online if I wanted to add a bto option. Otherwise, I pretty much have to go in person since I live in an apartment building without a doorman. Fedex will come while I'm at work for a few days and then I'll have to pick up the damn thing at the distribution center anyway. I did it once and never will again. That distribution center was horribly disorganized and the staff breathtakingly rude.