Ordering online from Apple and trading in old iPhone

jkirshner26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Hey guys, when you order an iPhone 6 from Apple online, can you still take your old iPhone and trade it in to them to get credit towards that purchase? Or do you actually have to do it in store all at the same time?

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Wow, I just tried that link and for the same config Amazon trade-in is offering substantially more on a 5s. Definitely worthwhile to shop around.
So right.

you can get 100+ on ebay for a phone 5 16g than what apple is offering at trade in. (At least last week you could)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Wow, I just tried that link and for the same config Amazon trade-in is offering substantially more on a 5s. Definitely worthwhile to shop around.
I know. But I don't shop *that* much from Amazon, so it could be years before I use whatever credit they give me for my phone. With Apple, I know I'll be using it for the next iPad or maybe the Apple Watch.

As for eBay or Craigslist, sure you can get more money there, but you have to list your item, vet your buyers, arrange for shipping or meet-ups, etc. This trade in took me five minutes to fill out an online form, then another five minutes to go by the local ups store to drop off the package.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I know. But I don't shop *that* much from Amazon, so it could be years before I use whatever credit they give me for my phone.
I meant Amazon as an example not as a solution for everyone. Obviously they wouldn't be as worthwhile to you if you don't use them.

(Though in my case I'll easily spend multiple phones worth of trade-ins at Amazon between now and Christmas :) )