Ordering online from Apple.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SXR, Dec 1, 2007.

1. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Hi,

I was wondering , since I live in the netherlands theres no physical apple store here :(. But there is an Apple Online store. Is it save to buy there?

I mean , when I got some money togheter for a macbook and I order it. When I get it I find that it is a faulty one because it doesnt work , can I send it back and get a new one back? I always thought thats such a hassle , thats why I buy expansive products in real stores in a mall or something.

Does anyone have good/bad expierences with the Apple online store in ANY country?

2. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

The Apple Store online is just as great as the physical one.

Never had any bad experience and have bought both my Macs from there. :)

3. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I've never had any problems ordering from the online store or with faulty equipment. To date I have ordered my Powermac, my Macbook Pro, my mom's iMac and my sister's Macbook.

4. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

Thanks for the replys. Is apple good on things like , when I get a faulty MacBook , they will take it back and replace it or will it take ages?

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is very fast here in Australia, about a 1 week turnaround time for defective stuff, but I still prefer buying from a store for those...

Still, you get to BTO systems with various upgrades from the online store, stuff which you cannot do in a physical store...

6. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

I totally agree. I guess until the Netherlands get a physical Apple Store, Ill just buy my stuff at the Online store ;)