Ordering online from ATT Premier - porting numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IlliniDude, Jun 8, 2010.

1. IlliniDude macrumors regular

We have 4 numbers we want to bring over from T-Mobile. I've been playing around on the Premier site in preparation, and it only asks me if the primary line will be using an existing number (on the very first screen). I haven't seen anywhere to indicate that the other 3 numbers are coming over as well (it only asks what area code I want). Does this mean I won't be able to pre-order our 4 iphones online next week?

ATT store is across the street from my office so it's no big deal, but I'd rather just point and click my way and have them delivered to my doorstep.

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Currently, as a new customer, you will not be able to setup a new FamilyTalk rate plan and order four (4), iPhone 4 devices online for delivery by mail.

It is security concern for both Apple and AT&T. For new customers, you can order one iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS via mail. Both Apple and AT&T limit new customers to one iPhone purchase by mail per service address. You are going to have to go to AT&T or Apple.

Just a minder to others, Apple only sells iPhones, so if you want a new FamilyTalk rate plan that includes an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS conbinations your golden. They don't have other AT&T phones. I added this because every year we get quite a few, why can't I do all of this at the Apple store.

Dave

3. IlliniDude thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for the info. Better to know now than to find out once the madness begins.

If I go into the store can I set up the family plan and order 4 for delivery? If not, can I pre-order 4 shipped to the store?

Also- you bolded "service address". They will be used at 3 different addresses- does that help?

4. DrewBlayy macrumors newbie