Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
The order process is much longer if you are a new customer joining a carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc.). it is likely by the time you finish, you will be bumped into later shipping batches. Is there anything you can do beforehand to expedite the process?

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
You can always setup the account and all now - get a $20 flip phone (out of contract), activate it, and then you have an account before launch day.

*edit* Or you likely can create a new account and tell them you do not want a phone yet...but need a phone number and ability to login so you can get a 6s on launch day...

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I just downloaded the app. I don't see an option to get the phone on another carrier other than my own

Hackett00

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
I was a new customer to verizon last year. I screwed up and had to quickly restart my preorder. I got my phone 1 week after launch. My advice is to do it through the carrier. Do a dry run first so you know exactly what the steps are. Save some of your info to a word doc for quick copy a paste. Know exactly what you want. It should be possible to get it done fast enough to get it on launch day.

Reactions: willmtaylor

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Last year I was on an account with my in-laws on ATT, So I went ahead and pre-ordered the iPhone 6 at 3am, but then I thought it would be better just to get my own with Verizon because they were offering the $60 loyalty plan and I wanted to have a plan on my own, so I had to go back and cancel my at&t pre-order and then I set up a new account with Verizon. I got my iPhone 6 on release day, I think it was September 19th. I think it's just luck and also what color you get, Honestly you can do it through VRZ, Apple and still get it on release day or maybe a week later I don't think there is a trick to make things move faster other than making sure your Apple account is up to date and that your Credit card info is ready to be used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.