Ordering Online on Release Date for Pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyberdogl2, Sep 11, 2015.

1. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

so Discover has a 5% cash back for online purchases on apple's website. preorders do not qualify.

what are the odds that there's stock at an Apple Store so that i can order online and pick up on launch day September 25th?

2. striders macrumors 6502

Judging from past launches, I think the odd the store have it in stock will be slim. I had to wait until January 2015 to get my iPhone 6 Plus from a store that is 30 miles away from me.

BTW, as part of Discover Apple Pay launch (Sep 16), Discover give 10% cashback for ANY IN-STORE purchase using Apple Pay.

3. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

If you're going to stand in line on launch day at an Apple Store I'd expect there to be many phones at launch. Where I live (Grand Rapids, MI) there were at least a couple hundred available last year.

4. striders macrumors 6502

Good point on location. Here in CA, most stored ran out very quickly on the first day.

5. cyberdogl2 thread starter macrumors regular

I take your point, and i'd like to stand in line to get it too. but i think with Discover you have to use their online portal and order Online only.

Will the Apple Online store not let me purchase for pickup same day, because they want to have all their in-store stock for people who are lining up?