Ordering Online vs Pick Up

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SUMIMASN, Sep 18, 2016.

1. SUMIMASN macrumors member

SUMIMASN

I was in Apple yesterday and got the high quality response as if I was incapable of reading the 3-5 week delivery advisement on the Apple site. Gotta love that when u go into a store and ask for help and they start reading the instructions to you.

Seems like no stores have the AW2. wondering what the fastest way of getting a Space Grey Stainless Steel in Canada? Is everyone who has 1 already, ordered online from the Apple site?

2. funkymonkeyboy macrumors regular

If the time is 3-5 weeks delivery, what makes you think they will say any different in store?

3. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

Because I've read some people actually bought them at an Apple Store but no idea which store, whether in Canada & it also seemed like luck. Apple Canada online locally all say Unavailable. So, I'm trying to learn how the people who got them in store & I would try to do the same (if possible).

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Those other people examples were probably walk-up purchases on launch day. Many stores had inventory on launch day for walk-up buyers. I bought one that way for someone else. As each store ran out of its local inventory, they must wait until they get a replenishment shipment. I don't think the staff on the floor knows (or can say) exactly when and how much inventory is coming. So, you just need to call or check the store web site daily to see if any of your local stores have inventory.

5. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

What city are u in? Ill watch the site and hopefully it will get updated as watches arrive. Thanks for sharing

6. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

I called 2 of the closest Apple Stores & they both told me they're never received an Apple Watch 2 & they've been told to tell everyone to order 1 on line. The only positive is that they told me is they get shipments of product on the daily.

7. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

If anyone is looking for an AW2 in the Toronto area, Apple Canada has some for pick up at a couple stores. I just reserved a SS black 42 mm & cancelled my delivery schedules for mid October. I'm giddy.

8. leenak macrumors 68020

Yeah I've been seeing availability in my local stores and people in the US are reporting some availability at Best Buy although their website isn't letting you check store availability.

9. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

[​IMG]

Lotta learning to do. Had a really hard time getting alerts for my 4 email accounts, text messages and WhatsApp. So many layers of settings it seems.

10. SUMIMASN thread starter macrumors member

SUMIMASN

I wish there was a WhatsApp app and text message alerts could be managed separately. After 13 hrs battery life left is at 71% with steady email & msg viewing, but I did not have a chance to run today so I assume the GPS wasn't used for additional battery drain. Love the customizable "Modular" style screen. Watches feels lighter than I thought it would be and the fit & finish is superb. I wore Garmin 235 all day and frankly, the Heart Rate Sensor really dug into my arm as it needed to be snug to work well an it was really uncomfortable despite the Watch being light. Only been 1 day but the AW2 has exceeded my hopes and expectations.