Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
so apple store rep said i could go online starting tomorrow night at 10pm and order for store pick up sunday.. true?

why does it say two weeks to wait?

for ipad mini

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
It's the reservation system.

When stock is available you can reserve one for pickup the following day.

First come first served.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
It's the reservation system.

When stock is available you can reserve one for pickup the following day.

First come first served.

but she said she doesn't know when she is getting more in

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
you just order around 10 pm and if the item is in stock and available at the store you choose, then you can schedule a pick up.

so i can order online now and wait 2 weeks or order online after 10pm tomorrow and get it sunday?

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
so i can order online now and wait 2 weeks or order online after 10pm tomorrow and get it sunday?

Yes. They get their inventory updated every night, around 10pm (pst?).

That is when you can reserve for pickup from the store if they have stock.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Yes. They get their inventory updated every night, around 10pm (pst?).

That is when you can reserve for pickup from the store if they have stock.

hmmm interesting.. this i gotta see...

but i cant do it tonight for tmrw?

i have a funny feeling i aint ever gonna get one

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
I have had mine pre-ordered since 1:16pm MST and it still showed a 11/15 delivery date when I picked the exact same one up in the store that I had on order. I cancelled the other order while in the store. I am much happier just going and getting it and not too much of a wait right after the store opened.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I have had mine pre-ordered since 1:16pm MST and it still showed a 11/15 delivery date when I picked the exact same one up in the store that I had on order. I cancelled the other order while in the store. I am much happier just going and getting it and not too much of a wait right after the store opened.

well i don't want to wait either but geez my apple store dont have any

----------

would my local apple have any tomorrow (sat) if i just showed up

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
well i don't want to wait either but geez my apple store dont have any

----------

would my local apple have any tomorrow (sat) if i just showed up

I got there this morning right at 8am so there were people waiting in line that were just going in when I got there. They let people in one at a time as people paid for the purchases and left.

If your store said to order online and go with in store pickup, then they should know what stock they have coming in. Just make sure you have the in store pickup option when you check out online. It was not there when I checked out on the first pre-order day.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
so here's a tangent question. store said whatever they don't sell gets offered to the public.. ok so how long do they hold orders for? when does this happen? and how do i get one i mean oh i'm confused...

can someone also explain the order process? someone goes online and orders an item and it says for store pick up then what? how do they know they can have it picked up?

i'm sorry to be so dumb with this :(

it just s*cks that i waited for weeks for a mini and based on what i read here and friends told me i got to apple at 9am and they were sold out..

they prolly LOL'ed after i left thinking i could walk up and get one..

i'd love to know how many they got.. 5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.