Ordering process from hell

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ECUpirate44, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

On Nov 6, I ordered a refurbished 2.4 C2D 13" MBP from the Apple refurb store along with Apple Care. My order was originally supposed to be shipped within 2-4 business days and be delivered between the 11-16. After 4 days passed and the computer was shipped, I called Apple to see what was up. They apologized for the delay and put the computer on expedited shipping and said it would go out the next day (Nov 11). When Nov 11 passed and the computer was not shipped out, I called again and the person I talked to assured me that there was nothing wrong with my order and it would still be delivered by the new date (Nov 17). He then said that he would throw in a free incase for my troubles. The next morning I looked on my order status to see that no only had the computer not shipped, but the moron sent the wrong size sleeve. I called Apple again to request that the correct size sleeve be sent. (I now have to go to fedex and return the wrong one).

At this point, I don't know what to do. Each time I call I'm feed the same BS. Theres nothing wrong with my order and their sorry for the delay. Help!

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

What do you want us to do? Grab our torches and pitchforks? You've already done what anyone here would tell you to do which is to deal with Apple...

3. ECUpirate44 thread starter macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Nope, just venting. Thanks.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I had a snafu when ordering from Apple. The system somehow remembered an old shipping address I hadn't used in 5 years. I didn't notice until the order was processed. They did nothing to correct the problem. Fortunately they still remembered me at the old address and I was able to retrieve my package. Wait. I had another bad experience and this time it was in the Apple store. I had a "free" iPod Touch that died after less than a year. They wanted me to pay for a repair and said I had immersed it in liquid. I explained that the iPod never left my shirt pocket and 3/4 of me would have to get wet first. I left the store with a broken iPod which had become my primary PDA, relegating my Blackberry to a sort of dumb phone with email status.

But I never got to the torches and pitchforks stage. Somehow, Apple managed to make things right even if they had screwed up the first time. I suggest you sit down and take your time and ask to speak to a manager. Carefully explain how this simple transaction has spiraled out of control with delay after delay and mistake after mistake and ask him what he can do to put a stop to the circus and get you your stuff in a way that doesn't make your jump through any more hoops. Let us know how you make out.

5. iceblade macrumors member

For whatever reason, there seems to be some strange oddities going on with refurbs recently. One of my friends ordered her first mac (MBP 13") ever for college. It finally shipped, but way past the estimated arrival date.

It was always my understanding refurbs went out pretty much like standard, new machines.

Hopefully Apple clears some of this up -- I was planning on purchasing refurb next time!