Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
So this what the Apple Store web site has:

4CVaOAE.png

Some questions:

1) If I "order online", does that guarantee delivery on April 24?
2) If so, will the delivery require a signature?
3) If I "reserve for pickup in store", will I pay in store and will it be available specifically on April 24? Will they hold it until April 25 ?

ckorhonen

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2008
NYC

Some questions:

3) If I "reserve for pickup in store", will I pay in store and will it be available specifically on April 24? Will they hold it until April 25 ?

1. With previous pre-orders the initial batch will usually be delivered on day of release. The site will tell you once that initial batch runs out - just watch for when the delivery estimate changes from April 24 to "1-2 weeks" or whatever. Exceptions may apply, so if you live in the middle of nowhere and deliveries usually take longer then expect this to be the case.

2. Yes, though I believe you can "presign" for the delivery either from Apple's site or the delivery tracking page.

3. Unclear at this point. With the iPhone 6 there were massive lines in-store for pickup (NYC) and I'm not sure if you could order for Day 1. With the Watch they may be offering specific time slots but that's not been fully explained yet. With the existing pickup system they will hold the item for a few days before canceling the order.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Some questions:

Pretty much what the other person said.

1) Yes, if you order early enough and get one from the first "batch" you'll be fine. Leave it an hour (possibly 30 minutes depending on which model you want and quantities available) and you may get it 1-2 weeks later, possibly more.

2) Yes. Some sort of signature is required.

3) Unknown at this point. Although when I reserved my iPhone 6 I didn't pay until I went to pick it up. I'm going to presume it'll be the same. Reserve and pay when you pick it up.

Me, I'm sticking to pre-ordering on the Apple Store app. No stress involved. It's easy.

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I just called Apple to try to get more information.

The rep seemed to indicate that the watch would potentially ship on the 24th, not arrive on the 24th.

I also asked about reserving for in-store pickup, and whether I'd be paying when reserving, or paying in-store. She implied that its possible you will be able to buy on-line and choose in-store pickup (as I did with iPhone 6), but we won't know for sure until April 10. This is my preferred option -- I'd like to pay in advance and simply go to the store to get it. This way, there's no worry about being home to sign for the delivery. I'm in New Jersey, and when I bought my iPhone 6 with in-store pickup, I was able to go right to the front of the line (ahead of literally 300+ people waiting to buy in-store) and got my phone within 10 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.