Ordering RMBP through Website or Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bamaster, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bamaster macrumors member

I'm looking for some feedback on the best method to purchase a MBP Retina. I suppose the question is... is it any better to have an Apple Store make the order as opposed to ordering direct through apple.com?

Yesterday, I ordered a MBP Retina through the Apple Store (via Business Team Member). I received my Order Acknowledgement and it shows 3-4 weeks delivery. Sounds the same as a web order, no?

Thoughts?

*on edit*
    I already have a base config, I ordered through the Apple Store the base config + 16GB RAM.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're buying a base configuration that the store has in stock, it's better to go through the store. If you're ordering a BTO model, order it online. There's no advantage to ordering a BTO through the store.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Being the base configuration, you may have better luck seeing if Best Buy or the brick and mortar apple stores have it in stock

4. Kurwenal macrumors 6502a

Kurwenal

Yes. When you order a BTO at an Apple store, all they do is go to the store on Apple.com and order it. There is no advantage over ordering it yourself.

5. bamaster thread starter macrumors member

Ah. This is what I was afraid of. I thought that by going through their Business Team that there might be some priority processing. (or rather hoped that to be the case)

I suppose the benefit of me doing it this was was that they offered to extend the 14-day return policy. I already have a base configuration RMBP. But if I ordered a BTO Macbook with the 16GB RAM, it wouldn't arrive within 14 days.

After speaking to a store manager with my problem, she offered to accept my return once the replacement arrives, which will be 3-4 weeks from now.