Ordering the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sap12690, Feb 19, 2011.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I have a pretty straight forward question about buying a new apple product (iPad 2). When you can start ordering it, do you have to get it shipped or can it be picked up at an Apple Store. I know my brother in law ordered the iPhone 4 and picked it up at the store on release day. Was that an option for the first iPad? And do you guys think it'll be the same for the iPad 2?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody knows. The original iPad was announced a few months before you could order it.

3. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Here's a thought - why not ask Apple? After all, only they really know at the moment.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

for the original ipad, apple announced launch details on march 5th. they said the ipad was to be released april 3rd, and people were able to pre-order on the 12th of march. in addition to pre-ordering, people were also given the option of reserving an ipad to pick up in store.

for ipad 2, who knows?

5. iWant iPad2 macrumors newbie

I called, they refused to tell me anything ): :mad:

6. whitesands macrumors newbie

Anyone konw if you can pre order from Target? I have some Target gift cards that I could use.

7. tomcatant9 macrumors newbie

You can only order the ipad 2 from the apple website on March 11th. I'm hoping we'll be surprised with an early pre-order date but apple so far is standing by the 11th. You will not be able to order online and pick up in store. But Apple has stated that the will be shipped out really fast for free so I'm expecting free overnight delivery. If you want it on March 11th you best bet is to wait in long lines with the other Millions of apple drones. As for me I'm just ordering mine online.