Ordering the iPad 3 online

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shay41, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Shay41 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If I order the iPad 3 online the day it is released(assuming there are no pre orders) how long do you think it will take for it to ship?

I highly doubt I am going to be able to stand in line anywhere on launch day, so would ordering online be my quickest option? This is my first iPad and I'm sooooo excited! I just want it as quick as possible.

2. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

It'll normally get shipped the same day or next and should be delivered around Tuesday/Wednesday. You need to order once they open the website though, unless delivery times will be longer depending the time you order.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If they allow pre-orders, you will get it on launch day. If you order online on launch day, it will take a few days coming from Shenzen, China.

4. Lastof macrumors regular

It's worth noting that let year (at least from reading the stories from the front page a year ago) the initial ship time was 2-3 weeks for online orders, and quickly rose to 4-5 weeks, so ordering online if there is not a preorder option may not be as fast as you'd hope.

Though I suspect last year's lack of preorders, long ship times, and slow international release was due to stock shortages. They hopefully will be better prepared this time, some rumours have suggested they have been making these for a couple of months. Hopefully it will be fast after release. Just don't make any plans that rely on it being so.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't generally like waiting in a line for several hours for a new toy. I end up feeling like a douche. :)

I'll try to order online on day 1 though I expect the site to be very slow that day. It wouldn't surprise me if by the time the beachball stops spinning that it will be a 4 week wait. lol