Ordering the iPhone 4 :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecarrot, Aug 2, 2010.

1. thecarrot macrumors member

Hi macrumors well I've decided to switch from my Droid X to the iPhone 4 as it would be $50 cheaper per month for me. Problem is, I'm under 18 and thus cannot sign a contract, and all the apple stores around me are sold out. They said that they get random shipments nearly everyday, but of course I'm sure these sell out right near the store's opening hour. Obviously I cannot go into the store myself and buy the phone, and my parents (who are the account holders to the account I would be adding a line to), both work and would not be able to meet me there, or at least are not willing to. I actually work as well so I could not go later in the afternoon, but that is a non-issue because I am sure they would sell out of their shipment by then. Basically, is there anything I can do besides ordering it through ATT and waiting 3+ weeks, while also not having any phone in the meantime? Thanks in advance!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Order it through AT&T's website. Add the line there and you'll only have to wait around ten days or so. Mine took three days to ship out and arrived two days after. You'll be better off ordering it there since Apple is unpredictable.

4. thecarrot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies :) I don't want to buy it full price so no craigslist or ebay...I think you are right goldinboy I'm just going to go into the actual ATT store and order it, I actually can't order it online for some reason (says I can't because they need to move rate plans around or something). Is there any truth to what I've been hearing that it will ship much faster if It's the 32gb version?

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Yes, the 32GB versions ship out much faster. Call and ask. It's MUCH faster if you order it online. The majority of people will order it from Apple, so their waiting list is longer. The smarter ones will go to an AT&T store. The smartest will order it online. Like I said earlier, I had my phone in my hands within a week.

6. thecarrot thread starter macrumors member

Wow! That's quite fast :) I wish I could order mine online but as I said they would not let me for some reason, it said I needed to call some number (which I assume is just their sales dept). Is the sales dept different than going into the store? Different as in faster

7. thecarrot thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys well maybe I got extremely lucky or Apple is really stepping up their shipments but right as I was going to go to the AT&T store I called a few apple stores and one of them had them in stock! I rushed over there and they only had 32gb versions left but I was able to get one :) So before ordering online or in the AT&T store I would suggest calling your local apple stores first