Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macfanjoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Hi,

I'm planning to get up tonight to order one, hopefully to sell for a nice profit on eBay. What would you recommend, what will be in most demand? Which size, edition, and band?

Thanks!

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
So you're gonna ruin someone else's chances who really wants it just to make some money? and you're really asking for advice?

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
I have a more interesting strategy to make money

Stop being worthless and get a job that contributes to society like everyone else.

Then, you'll have your own money to buy your own apple watch! No scumming required.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Hi,

I'm planning to get up tonight to order one, hopefully to sell for a nice profit on eBay. What would you recommend, what will be in most demand? Which size, edition, and band?

Thanks!

I was going to do the same until I read that the serial number engraved on the back of each watch is registered to your iCloud account upon purchase. This works a lot like Activation Lock on the iPhone. You'll have to open the box and turn on the device to disable the lock, reducing the value significantly. That is to say, you may not get the value you thought you would as a result. May not be worth it at all.

riotrhythm

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2015
Buy an Edition. You'll still be a piece of **** for buying one to scalp, but not a massive one if you get one of the more higher-demand models

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
How about leaving it available for a legit buyer instead of trying to make money out of people who missed out!

Cannot stand scalping.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Indeed, I believer there are some that actually buy things they know others want, and place them in buildings and then have the cheek to at least double the price of what they paid in the hope you will buy it and they will get rich.

I think they are called shops.

I am not saying I personally approve of someone doing this, but it's normal business and 100% legal.
I hope no one defends Apple using dubious, albeit legal means to save paying millions in tax, but then has a go at an individual trying to make a few dollars themselves.

And just to note: In reality this is not harming anyone, as there is still going to end up with someone who wants the Apple watch getting THIS apple watch. If this person is happy to pay a little more to get it, then that is their business.

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
If you're pissing off all the fanboys, then you must be doing something right :) But I have to say, I really don't think you'll make that much money. I doubt demand is going to be as high as Apple expects it to be, and quite frankly, the reviews haven't been all that kind. Don't expect to make a lot.

Hi,

Thanks!

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
For your own benefit the best approach is to look in the mirror...

Does that look like the face of a social degenerate... Really?

Is that who you want to be?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Hi,

Thanks!

I agree with others. I can't believe you have the gall to actually post here for advice. Personally I can't stand greedy people like you who make it difficult for genuine and legitimate people from buying what they want.

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
If you're pissing off all the fanboys, then you must be doing something right :) But I have to say, I really don't think you'll make that much money. I doubt demand is going to be as high as Apple expects it to be, and quite frankly, the reviews haven't been all that kind. Don't expect to make a lot.

This is NOT about being a fanboy. It is about clogging up a supply chain of ANYTHING to make it more difficult for someone who WANTS it for themselves. Of course if a thousand of you do this you are likely to get stuck with them or sell at a loss. Why would anyone pay a stranger on eBay AND pay them shipping when you can wait a week and get a clean one from apple?

Hope you are in a non sales tax state also. I am lucky to be in Hawaii where it is just 4%.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Lol y'all mad tho??? Calm down people. Get it how you can. I can't knock anyone else's hustle. People do it all the time so its something you going to have to get over and deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.