Orders Later in Production

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
I'm just curious...I have a delivery date of December 11-17. But here's my question. If I could pick up the iPhone X on Friday (locally)...would there be a difference (of any kind) of the iPhone X on November 3rd in comparison to one manufactured and released for the December ship date?

In other words, are there small changes in production techniques and/or parts that changed as the manufacturing process continues. Make sense?

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
The short answer is yes, possibly. There is no doubt that there are always production issues to work out on the first releases of anything. And, there have been indications and rumours that the tight supply is directly due to production line issues, so, it is possible that the first few millions of units may have manufacturing defects and other assembly kinks that work out eventually. It happens all the time. It's happened with Apple before..

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
OK...I think I'll wait then for my original order to be filled. Thanks...and that's what I thought too.

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
They've made millions of phones by now. I think launch day phones will be fine. There will always be phones with defects no matter how far into the production line a phone is. If you can score one on launch go for it.

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
No
Of course if you believe the reporting that Apple reduced their specs to solve yield issues...................

DiveKitty

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2017
Or could be opposite...they get lazy when they know all the reviews and early adopters are happy ;)

Seriously though, there can be defects no matter how long into a run things are. Is there a risk the first phones might have issues? Yes. It happens, and has happened with Apple before. But, they will also take care of you under the warranty. And if there are issues, there may still be issues later in November/December. Or surprise, a new issue.

Reactions: Chupa Chupa