Oregon Trail American Settler not working after a restore to iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by robby2977, Mar 26, 2012.

1. robby2977 macrumors newbie

I just purchased the new iPad with ATT 4G, and love it. After restoring from a backup from my iPad 2, I tried to play the game, and only got a bunch of copies of the small screen on the new iPad, making the game nearly impossible to use.

http://youtu.be/P4a-EV0utms

Does anyone else have this problem, with this or any other game? Angry Birds, and Fruit Ninja all work correctly, and render graphics full screen. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. batotman macrumors 6502

I have never seen anything like this on any other app. I did go ahead and download it to test it. It's not just you. Apparently it renders in older res only and is somewhat distorted. It's nothing you can fix, just gonna have to wait for them to update.

3. elmo151 Guest

4. robby2977 thread starter macrumors newbie

I filled out the for to mention the problem to Gameloft. No word yet. Hoping that others that may have this same issue will do the same.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not totally nuts!:eek:

5. kujen macrumors newbie

6. nette620 macrumors newbie

Same Issue!

I am having the same problem on my iPad. Please let us know if you find a solution!

7. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

8. robby2977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got an email from Gameloft a couple of days ago. Standard that "they're looking into it." Not much else.:confused:

9. batotman macrumors 6502

New update. Working now.

----------

See above.

10. DaKidPin macrumors newbie

man forget these games. you can't even beat the game on the hardest evel without having to buy something. they can keep their money sucking trash.

11. robby2977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still have a problem. First, I updated the game. Downloaded all the stuff, and still got the same scaled down screen. Already tried deleting the game several times, but still the same problem. I also started from a clean restore from factory, not from any back up, and nothing has changed.

Is there a something I'm missing? :eek:

12. batotman macrumors 6502

Very odd. Works here.

13. Onepiejim macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem.

Simply doesn't work and screen tiles off to the right. Cannot activate anything...