Organiser/Helper for Mac Address Book??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peanutismint, May 17, 2011.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Its high time I got my Mac's address book contacts into some kind of useful order. I don't use them much on my Mac itself but it's invaluable when synched to my iPhone. I was just wondering if there are any 'helper' apps for use with the standard 'Address Book' app to help me get things sorted?

I could do with some features such as 'show/hide contacts with no phone number', also the ability to sort contacts by things like date added/modified or by date last accessed/called..... Also the ability to find/remove duplicates based on name, number, email address etc would also be very helpful.

Anyone know if such an app exists?? Or do I just have to do it all the hard way?!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why would anyone bother making a "helper" app for Address Book without making it a "replacement" for Address Book? AB is an awful organizer, but I'm afraid the only way to make it nice is to keep it organized from the start.

You might be able to build Automator workflows for some of the things you mentioned, but I'm not sure what options are available for AB.

3. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Ok cool, thanks for the advice - I did have it organised until some sort of 'helpful' transfer of all my Gmail contacts to my phone (many of whom are people I no longer have any contact with or didn't really to begin with!) messed everything up - I remember seeing an option somewhere with regards to 'only sync contacts with numbers' but I think it was in 'iSync' which is now (afaik) incompatible with the iPhone....