Organising Font variations under single header

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamied95, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

I've downloaded a font but when I import it into Font Book it is three separate fonts, instead of being Regular, Medium and Bold, how do you go about fixing this?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have presented zero (0) evidence that anything needs fixing. Which font(s)? Which variations? Which source?

3. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

In Font Book, fonts are arranged into 'families' which have a number of variations within them (bold, semibold, regular, light, etc), as can be seen by my example of the Helvetica font.

As you can see in the other screenshot, with the Sky font, there are three different 'families' for the same font (but with varying weights).

What I'd like to do, is combine the Sky fonts into a single family, with then variations of Regular, Semibold, and Bold.

It may not be a problem that needs fixing, but it's irritating and inconsistent when you're trawling through a list of fonts in Photoshop, or Word.

Attached Files:

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I asked for for the source of the font, but you did not provide it. Oh well. Although we are used to seeing typefaces arranged by family, the practice is by no means universal. Back in the day, Adobe released the Adobe Type Reunion utility to perform the task for its professional fonts. Fonts that automatically display as families do so because they have been encoded that way. Font encodings can be edited to display as a single family. I have done it. You might want to look into purchasing a font editor.