Organising movies in the iTunes folder???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, Feb 20, 2010.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I've Handbraked a few DVD movies and extras.
    They are scattered in the Movie folder by the name of each video, not by movie (album) title.

How do I organise them into Album folders like Music and TV Shows are?

Regards

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

movies will automatically organize alphabetically in the actual finder, no way around this but not too important as you access them through itunes anyway, within itunes you can change a lot of meta data by right clicking and selecting get info, you can use this data to make smart playlists of generes etc, i would also recommend an app called MetaX that will add metadata to a video (or group of vid like a whole tv season) before you stick it into itunes.

3. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Yes it no biggie because they organise well in iTunes itself - I was just hoping to tidy up the Movies folder.
    I thought there must be a way though because I was recently attempting to create my own iTunes Extra package and all my Stat Trek related videos moved into one folder automatically, but I was never able to get it to do that again after abandoning the Extras project.

I use Subler if the need arises to change/add metadata, that is usually only the age rating because iTunes can do everything else I fill in.

Cheers