Organising Photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ffc, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ffc macrumors newbie

Hi quick questions about the folders within the photos on my iPad.

Is there a way to have multipul folders within a folder?

So for example on my pc I have a folder called holidays then within that folder there are many different folders of different holidays etc, but when I access the holiday folder on my ipad all the pictures are in the one folder?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

No, using the photo app.

Using other apps, yes

3. EricTheRed71 macrumors member

Which other apps can do it?

Also, the same question for videos... is there any way of organizing them?

Cheers!

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I use an app from Smugmug, but you need an account with them. Goodreader can do it, but it is really not designed as a photo app.

5. ffc thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks just didn't no if I was missing something. Can you recommend any apps that will do the job then?

6. EricTheRed71 macrumors member

Yeah, either option is really not great...

It seems to me that this is some pretty basic functionality that is missing from the ipad.

My ipad is for business & private use. I have my work illustrations & animations loaded onto it for showing to clients but I also have my sons cartoons etc. It's not very professional to have to scroll through loads of "The Clone Wars" episodes before getting to the animation I want to show.

Please Apple, give us folders & subfolders for photos & videos!

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have mine all separated into Albums on my mac in iPhoto, and only sync certain albums. The order they are in iPhoto is the order they sync to on the iPad.

I believe you can do the same on the PC side in the my photos file structure.

Which doesn't excuse not being able to organize them on the iPad, but at least it helps what you are wanting to do!

8. b.c. macrumors 6502

I agree. the Photos app on the iPad should also let you create new folders on the iPad itself and easily move groups of photos between folders. (i.e. not requiring you to do that on the Mac or PC side).

this would make the Camera Connection Kit so much more useful too - instead of dumping all imported photos into the single "All Imported" folder, you could organize your photos in separate folders as you import them from the camera.

everyone should let Apple know about these kinds of "enhancement requests" ! http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html