Organising TV Seasons on Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ebony, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ebony macrumors regular

I have some tv episodes in itunes all from the same season. Within itunes they are all displayed as being from the same season and are organised as expected. I've clicked on the video tab for each episode and show and season number info is same for all episodes, with each episode number being unique.

However when I sync to the ipod touch every episode is listed separately, is their anyway to organise them so they are listed correctly on the ipod touch ?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Touch lists movie alphabetically. So you can try to change the videos' names.

3. ebony thread starter macrumors regular

What I mean is, all the TV episodes in one season should be placed in a separate folder, much like video podcasts are if you have several from the same site.

e.g. if I have 3 Episodes of video Podcasts of Apple Quicktips on the touch in the menu I see,

"Apple Quicktips
    3 Episodes "

clicking on this will then display the 3 episodes. How do I do this for TV episodes ?

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

or, You mean manage videos like it manages musics?

no, I don't know if iTouch can do that.

5. ebony thread starter macrumors regular

Just figured it out.

To group episodes of the same season, set the following in itunes:

1) On video tab, Set season name to be the same
    2) On video tab, Set season number the same
    3) On video tab, set Video Kind to TV Show
    4) On info tab, check Part of a compilation to ticked on.
    5) On info tab, set Genere to TV Show.

Thought I'd figured it out !!!

I've got one season to be sorted, and another with the same settings is all listed separately ?

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Make sure they're marked as TV Shows and not Movies in the Video tab of the information. Also, make sure that their season and episode information is correct. They should then organize properly.

7. ebony thread starter macrumors regular

They are all marked as tv shows.

One series ( or season ) is now sorted, another season with the same settings will not sort ?