Organization

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mac7, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Folders, within folders. I used to do the whole iPhoto thing, but then I realized that once you put your photos into iPhoto, there's no way to get them out. :mad:

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

+1,000,000,000. Couldn't stand iPhoto's package deal. Lightroom puts it all in folders for me when I import the photos.

4. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

I'm quite happy with Aperture keeping all of my photos locked away. It makes it easy to move things around and even easier to back up. And I can still make my folders within folders within even more folders all inside of Aperture.

5. AxisOfBeagles macrumors 6502

AxisOfBeagles

Agreed. The benefits far outweigh any concern over the closed application environment. But if that troubles one, there is an easy fix - download images from the camera to folders, then import those into Aperture. I used to do just that until I realized it was redundant work and unnecessary. I import to aperture, organize and edit there, and can still launch original images into PS when necessary, and can export images in any desired format.

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I import into folders based on Year/Month/Day images are auto pre-fixed with body serial number. For sorting Keyword (with Lightroom) with specific Job/Event/customer details/

7. ledzeppelin macrumors member

ledzeppelin

Not trying to be smart or dumb but what do you mean can't get them out once you put them in iPhoto?
    I recently went to an Apple MBP 13" and I have been using the iPhoto to DL my pics into and I am curious about the points of what you mean?
    thanks,

8. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

you can certainly get photos out of iPhoto... you can drag right out to a folder or elsewhere for that matter ... it usually exports it as a jpg... or you can EXPORT right from iPhoto as an original (RAW or otherwise) to a folder of your choice.

Attached Files: