Organizational with tv shows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddrorangeman, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ddrorangeman macrumors newbie

I've searched around on other forums and all that jazz, and have found people with a similar problem regarding division into seasons, but for some reason i cannot get my ipod touch 4g 32 GB to correctly organize my video. In itunes, my tv show library looks something like this

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8955/showfm.jpg

However, when it is on my ipod, under tv show it shows "toureettes guy" 226 episodes, which is obviously incorrect. I checked the "get info" menu.. changed the "Show" field under the video tab, and changed "Sort show" under the sorting tab. These have had no effect, even after deleting all the videos and re-adding them to my library.

Main question is, why is it organized in Itunes, but not on my touch? My guess is something with the 4.2 update that the "brilliant" programs came up with.

2. Absolute-Zero macrumors newbie

Hey, I had a similar problem before. I fixed it by going to "get info" and putting the show name under "show" and also putting the show name under "artist". That worked for me. Hope this helps.

3. ddrorangeman thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey zero, thanks a lot.. helped me out.. doesn't make much sense to change the artist, but it panned out..

4. Absolute-Zero macrumors newbie