Organized scalper gangs!

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
As soon as I pulled up to the parking lot this morning, my heart sank at an all-too-familiar sight:

Sure enough, Willowbrook was packed to the gills with one enormous organized group. No worries, I'm apparently the only person who thought to go to the Fairfield Target this morning!

Anyone else have a similar situation this morning?

(Sorry about the huge image, posted this via the iPhone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Abazigal

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Saw a group of mainland Chinese walking away from the local telco with bags chock full of iPads. No doubt they will be catching the first flight home.....

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Saw a group of mainland Chinese walking away from the local telco with bags chock full of iPads. No doubt they will be catching the first flight home.....
Nah, why pay airfare just to get an iPad? They will most likely sell to "syndicates."

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
wait.

wut?

(sorry man, I'm from Ohio... a part of Ohio where most people don't even know what an iPad is...) I'll need a few more details to this story lol

kerbero9

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
I really thought that having the launch in multiple countries, including Hong Hong, on day one was in response to this. I figured there would be less of a market for this nonsense.. I guess I figured wrong.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I really thought that having the launch in multiple countries, including Hong Hong, on day one was in response to this. I figured there would be less of a market for this nonsense.. I guess I figured wrong.
Actually, what happened was scalpers THOUGHT they could make a windfall with this launch. They were mistaken.

Not a bright bunch to begin with...

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
That bus/truck in the pic, what exactly is 4g Wifi service Flushing to Brooklyn?

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
That bus/truck in the pic, what exactly is 4g Wifi service Flushing to Brooklyn?
I think the truck is more like a bus that has wifi service on board. Maybe it regularly runs a route from Flushing, Queens to Brooklyn.