Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Hey all, I am beginning my first Mac OS X App. I was wondering what you guys did to organize your ideas, pseudocode, requirement analysis, MVC, ERD, documentation and so forth.

What apps do you use? What features do you like? How would you like to do things?

I've recently done a project for my Software Engineering class. I really enjoy writing the Requirement Analysis, documentation and so forth, though it was time consuming to manage. There was Pages to write up Requirement Analysis and xDiagram (MVC, ERD, etc). We also used Codeforge for the documentation though the pages really weren't organized. I do like Evernote with tags but the visual side of things makes it hard sometimes.

Any feed back on how you organize yourself would be great. I'm just trying to get an idea of how I want to approach this project and stay organized throughout it all because I want to thoroughly document the project.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I just use plain text files in Xcode. Diagrams get done on a whiteboard - if I need them to be more permanent, I take their picture and throw them into the Xcode project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.