Organizing apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by njguyfla, Sep 17, 2008.

1. njguyfla macrumors member

Is there a way to do it on my itouch?

I removed some apps because I had too many and they did not fit, and now some pages only show between 12 and 15 apps.

Is there an auto alphabetize feature for the apps on my Itouch, or a way to organize them in itunes and have them be organized on my itouch?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If you tell iTunes to not sync any apps, then sync, then tell it to sync the apps you want, then sync they will be compressed together.

Otherwise, if you just keep pressing on an icon, they will all wiggle, and you can move them however you want, then when done, you press the home button to set them.

TEG

3. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

When they wiggle can you move them from one page to another?

How do you tell it to not sync?

4. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

I couldn't find an easy way to move them from one screen to the other, but I found a bit of a trick...

If you move something off of the static bar at the bottom (when they're wiggling), then that bar will only have three items. Take the icon you want to move to a different screen and put it on that bar. Change screens and drag it off onto the new screen.

Don't forget to go back to the first screen and put back the icon you took off the static bar!

5. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

It's harder than the game where you ahve to move 15 squares around with one blank one. :D

I kinda figured it out on my own, when you press them and they start to quiver you can move them to the previous screen but it is very tricky. You have to balance and hold in between the two screens. I found the trick is to move the first top one (position #1). That is the easiest way to do it, but it still tricky.

6. sebast1anc macrumors member

All you have to do is drag the icon to the edge of the screen and it will automatically slide to the next page of icons after like one second and then you place it where you want.