Organizing bookmarks in Firefox question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NoBob, Aug 18, 2007.

1. NoBob macrumors member

Hi,

In Firefox>Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks I want to move/reorder the folders, moving one folder in particular upwards, but I can't drag it up and can't find a way to move it up. Individual URL links can be reordered by dragging them up or down.

Anyone any idea what's wrong or how to reorder the folders?

Thanks.
    NoBob.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I don't have any issues. Just make sure you're trying to do the reorganizing in the right pane. As you dragging folders looks for a thin horizontal line that appears between the folders to move it between them.

3. NoBob thread starter macrumors member

Hi, thanks, but I just tried again, and they just don't move in the left-hand pane, just the right-hand one. Strange...

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

No issues here. Make sure you click and drag in the right-side pane. As you click/hold...just drag it to the new location (either up or down) and release.

5. NoBob thread starter macrumors member

No, just tried again, and no amount of right or left clicking and (trying to) dragging works....

6. polycat33 macrumors 6502

No, they don't move in the left hand pane. They move in the right pane, isn't that enough? If you move a folder in the right pane it will move it in the left too. The left is really just a way to see an overview of all your folders, but you actually organize in the right side.

7. NoBob thread starter macrumors member

Oh b*gger! I'm so *%!$%(*&^%%. Thanks. Figured it out. Wish I could delete this thread...

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, the post will sure help other users. I don't ever believe that there is an "unique" problem that only happens to one person. :D

anyway, Just to add

in Firefox 3. you can drag and rearrange the position of folders/bookmarks in both left and right panes

9. $byennie1 macrumors newbie

Managing Firefox Bookmarks

I had a hard time with managing Firefox 3 bookmarks. With puttering around and reading the help pages I happened onto an obscure way to manage the bookmarks. To move them I went to the view button on the top of the screen, single clicked it, then clicked sidebar and clicked books marks there. That displayed all my bookmarks in the sidebar. Then I could drag files into the folders that I wanted. Deleting files was weird, to activate the delete button on the Firefox bar I had to first drag the file or bookmark into the trash. It looked like nothing happened. But I could then go to the edit button and delete from there without doing that the delete was not operable.:)