Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoBob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Hi,

In Firefox>Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks I want to move/reorder the folders, moving one folder in particular upwards, but I can't drag it up and can't find a way to move it up. Individual URL links can be reordered by dragging them up or down.

Anyone any idea what's wrong or how to reorder the folders?

Thanks.
NoBob.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I don't have any issues. Just make sure you're trying to do the reorganizing in the right pane. As you dragging folders looks for a thin horizontal line that appears between the folders to move it between them.

NoBob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Hi, thanks, but I just tried again, and they just don't move in the left-hand pane, just the right-hand one. Strange...

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
No issues here. Make sure you click and drag in the right-side pane. As you click/hold...just drag it to the new location (either up or down) and release.

NoBob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
No, just tried again, and no amount of right or left clicking and (trying to) dragging works....

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
No, they don't move in the left hand pane. They move in the right pane, isn't that enough? If you move a folder in the right pane it will move it in the left too. The left is really just a way to see an overview of all your folders, but you actually organize in the right side.

NoBob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Oh b*gger! I'm so *%!$%(*&^%%. Thanks. Figured it out. Wish I could delete this thread...

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
well, the post will sure help other users. I don't ever believe that there is an "unique" problem that only happens to one person. :D

anyway, Just to add

in Firefox 3. you can drag and rearrange the position of folders/bookmarks in both left and right panes

$byennie1

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
Managing Firefox Bookmarks

I had a hard time with managing Firefox 3 bookmarks. With puttering around and reading the help pages I happened onto an obscure way to manage the bookmarks. To move them I went to the view button on the top of the screen, single clicked it, then clicked sidebar and clicked books marks there. That displayed all my bookmarks in the sidebar. Then I could drag files into the folders that I wanted. Deleting files was weird, to activate the delete button on the Firefox bar I had to first drag the file or bookmark into the trash. It looked like nothing happened. But I could then go to the edit button and delete from there without doing that the delete was not operable.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.