Organizing E-mail...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlee2010, Jul 15, 2010.

1. dlee2010 macrumors newbie

Hi...
    I've been using mac's e-mail on the dock. I think it saves automatically while I'm trying to write my e-mail. It is really annoying because to send an e-mail it saves like 10 times while I type. HOw do I fix this? Also, I use mac e-mail with my gmail... Idk how they work together. Seems like I have gmail and mac e-mail folders on both gmail and mac-email...

Another things is when I delete all the mails I dont need from the Mac E-mail application. Soon as I click on "all Mail" file its all there AGAIN!!! so I have to go to my gmail and delete all of them. But sometimes it appears AGAIN!!! I'm so confused about using Mac's E-mail application!!!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

ive wanted to stop the saving of incomplete emails too so searched around here and found http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386771&highlight=gmail+sends+while+typing there is a wealth of help to be found here, just need to search ;).

as for the Gmail folders in the sidebar set Inbox, Sent and Bin to point to Mail's mailboxes using the Mailbox -> Use This Mailbox For menu. I dont have Junk set as i have it disabled in preferences along with Drafts now.