Organizing iPhoto Videos in iMovie? Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Echthros, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Echthros macrumors member

Hey everyone. Over the summer, I used my iPhone 4 to record some video taken over a vacation in hopes of making a movie whenever I could. Today, I imported my videos from my iPhone into my Macbook Pro using iPhoto, and then iMovie automatically synced the videos just placed in iPhoto

Now, my problem is that I recorded about 5-6 hours of footage and iMovie has it all in one location called "iPhoto Videos." Furthermore, whenever I click into that location (folder), iMovie lags ridiculously it's very hard for me to navigate between the various days as it's all compiled into one location/folder.

Also, I'd like to mention that I've made movies before, however they were neatly organized by date as I was able to import the footage straight to iMovie instead of iPhoto (using a digital camera with a video recording feature).

Is there any way to organize my videos taken from my iPhone in iMovie? Or possibly re-import straight into iMovie? (but I unfortunately deleted all the footage from my phone as it was taking up a huge amount of space.)

2. Echthros thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to bump, but I'm really in need of an answer of some sort of advice on how to go about doing this.

3. Echthros thread starter macrumors member