organizing iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jnguyen4, May 2, 2009.

1. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

I have been trying to keep my iTunes library as organized as I can but it seems like it's a never ending task. My basic question is: I have man songs that have an artist featured in the song. So now, on my iPhone, there are many of the same artist but featuring so and so. Is there a way I can move all the Featuring to the song name? Is there a way to consolidate all the artists into one catagory? Thanks in advance.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Please give me an example or two just so we are on the same page on what you are trying to do.

3. JCastro macrumors 6502a

That is exactly what I did. I have the song name "Like We Never Loved At All (Feat. Tim Mcgraw)" then the artist name "Faith Hill". It worked out well. It keeps all of the artists and albums together that way but still allows me to see who else might be singing too.

4. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

is there a way to do it without doing it one by one?

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I don't think so. Every song is going to have a different artist and featured artist.

6. WG5516 macrumors regular

Name of Track (Feature Artist)
    Artist
    Album

Name of Track (Feature Artist) [Remix Name]
    Artist
    Album

Those are the formats I use...

7. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

thanks. i was just wondering if theres a way to do that without doing it one by one.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

9. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Once it is done it is done though. :D

It is more than worth it. I look at my iTunes and how organized it is, then I look at other peoples. I have all the album art, all the song and artist info. It is really nice. Once you have it caught up it is easy from that point on to keep it organized.