Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
The services menu for Finder has become ridiculous. There are some I use often..some that I never use and they exist because an app wants them to.
Is there a program/utility/way that I can organize these? Like sub folders?
(I can rename some to at least consolidate them, but that's not as clean of a solution as I'd like).

Screenshot%202015-09-25%2012.18.56.png

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
Uninstall CleanMyMac - you don't need it and it's a resource pig (and a waste of money)

Thank you for your editorial on a completely unrelated subject. I'd say more, by the mods don't like when I chastise people who do what you did.

Go to this screen in System Prefs and you should be able to uncheck some of those.

Thanks. That'll help but there's no way to group or organize them, other than playing with names to use the alphabet to do it?
(that screenshot is a bit of an extreme example..it's grabbing from both things on the new install and the old clone).

And thanks for your help in all my threads this week, Weaselboy..you've done more for weasel/beagle relations than Mutual Omaha!

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks. That'll help but there's no way to group or organize them, other than playing with names to use the alphabet to do it?
(that screenshot is a bit of an extreme example..it's grabbing from both things on the new install and the old clone).

And thanks for your help in all my threads this week, Weaselboy..you've done more for weasel/beagle relations than Mutual Omaha!

No... I don't know any other way to organize or group them at all.

Glad to help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.