Organizing stand-up comedy in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gallick, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Gallick macrumors member

Hi folks,

Came here hoping somebody would have a good solution for me. I've got a sizeable music library, a few thousand songs, and I'm a big stand-up comedy fan. I have a bunch of stand-up albums from various artists in my iTunes library, in amongst the music.

What I'm looking for is a better solution than to have stand-up comedy and music mixed together. When I'm listening to music, I usually set it to shuffle the entire library, and I often get stand-up tracks since I have so many of them. I was hoping I could easily dump the stand-up into, say, the audiobooks category, but since they are music files, it doesn't seem that easy.

What are you stand-up aficionados doing with your collections? Any better way than to have it all mashed in with your music?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can easily separate it by Genre. Have a Smart Playlist for Genre=Comedy, so you can quickly uncheck all the comedy, so it won't play in the shuffle.

3. Kate. macrumors regular

I keep all spoken word type files under Audiobooks. Music is just for music. Comedy, speeches, any kind of lecture, those are all in Audiobooks for me.

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I am keeping all my (amateur) live recordings of trade friendly artists separate from my main iTunes library by organizing them with Songbird. Seems to work well for me, since I don't listen to them on my iPod anyway.

EDIT:

But it is ?!

Attached Files:

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Get info > Options > media kind > Audiobook

(as in the screenshot above)

Get info > options> skip when shuffling > yes

6. Gallick thread starter macrumors member

I knew I was missing something simple.

Thank you all!